This isn’t the end of your independence it’s the beginning! The hallmark of our retirement community is that Asbury Towers offers a variety of accommodations designed to meet a wide range of needs.
Our campus covers three and a half city blocks and is located within walking distance to Greencastle’s historic town square. Our services include a licensed Skilled Nursing Center which is certified for Medicare and Medicaid, Towers Apartments which are licensed Residential and Assisted Living with some apartments available under the Medicaid Assisted Living and Aged & Disabled waivers. To complete our community, we offer independent living in our beautiful Village garden condos.
Our facilities include a forty-eight bed Skilled Nursing Center, twenty-three Village condos which comprise Asbury Village, and three licensed Residential/Assisted Living floors with fifty-four apartments in the Towers.
Additionally, we are situated on the perimeter of DePauw University where our resident can attend classes or enjoy musical and dramatic presentations and a variety of special speakers at the Performing Arts Center.
- All utilities, including cable TV. (telephone services are available through the telephone company)
- Housekeeping service
- Laundry services for flat linens
- Personal laundry services for Assisted Living
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- Unit repair and maintenance
- 24-hour nursing service
- Personal assistance
- 24-hour security
Activities and Lifestyle
Ask about our activities and clubs! We also have Romeos (retired old men eating out) and Juliet's clubs and many other daily activities. Feel free to call and join us for lunch or maybe even a cooking class with our Taste of Asbury! Our activities and clubs are open to the public so feel free to join us!
Life Enrichment Programs
The goal of the Activity Department is to provide balanced creative leisure, and recreational programs to meet residents’ physical, social, emotional, and cognitive needs. Some of these activities may be on their own or with other neighbors. Walking, euchre games, painting/crafts in our art room, exercise in our Wellness Center, and gardening in our container gardens are some of the many opportunities. The community also sponsors special community events and entertainment. These are published on monthly calendars that each Resident receives as well as on our Bulletin Boards in the Common Areas. They are also published in The Trumpeter Newsletter that is distributed monthly to residents. Information is also broadcast on the monitor located in the Living Room as well as on our Community Channel. The Activity Department also has shopping trips to local stores as well as out of town malls; also enjoy lunch outings and joy rides through the area.
At Asbury Towers we provide a well-stocked library for our residents and families to enjoy. We also have a complimentary computer lab in the library. Asbury Towers also partners with the Putnam County Public Library to make available new books.
Barber & Beauty Shop
Come enjoy a care free afternoon of relaxation and pampering in our “Asbury salon” The operator is a licensed stylist with over 20 years of experience. Here you can relax with friends while being pampered.
On-site Church and Devotion Services
Asbury Towers has a non- denominational Church service every Sunday Vespers on Wednesday evenings. These services are held by our Chaplin, Jim Staggers. The Activity Department also host a Daily Devotional, Monday through Friday.
Scheduled Transportation and Trips
A 14-passenger bus, 8-Passenger Van both of which are wheelchair accessible and 2 cars have been purchased for the Community. They are used for various trips and outings. We offer various local shopping trips throughout the month, as well as Joy Rides around to certain destinations, Lunch Outings. The Community assists residents with transportation to Health Care Provider appointments. When time allows between medical appointments our drivers will also take Residents on personal errands such as trips to the bank, accountant office, post office etc.
The mission of the Dining Services Department at Asbury Towers Retirement Community is to provide a Christian Community that is a safe and secure environment in which caring and compassion is a way of life and to achieve and maintain such distinction in customer service, food and atmosphere that Asbury Towers Retirement Community gains a first class reputation for hospitality, compassionate service and cuisine.
Dining Services Standards
- All meals are designed by a Registered Dietician and the Asbury Towers Chef
- Selective Menu with Bistro Menu (Alternate) selections provided increased resident choice and healthy living options.
- Full Service dining room with a caring and trained wait staff to tend to the specific needs of every resident.
- Table side dessert cart used in most Dining Rooms to provide numerous dessert options.
- Assorted salads offered daily.
- Ice Cream Parlor with numerous varieties of ice cream, shakes and smoothies is located in the Main Dining Room.
- Self-serve beverage stations in each dining room and coffee and snack bar for after hour treats located in The Main Dining Room.
- Hot, fresh baked bread served daily.
- Glassware, china and table linens are preset on all tables to offer a warm and inviting feel to start each meal.
- Discharge to Home Meals provided to all residents to ease the transition to home.
- In addition to our daily menu, we offer a number of additional items from our Bistro Menu.
All menus are seasonal and fresh and local ingredients are used whenever possible. Our staff is well trained in cooking technique and ServSafe certified to meet all of your dietary needs.